Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

FSOJ wk 16: Cavern of Mysteries



More Ammolite this week. I am using what time I have to catch up to some custom work for my friend Doug. I am having bad wire karma these days... my gold wire finally came in, but it was round - not the square I ordered. Ughhh... I am assured I will have the *right* wire here by Friday. :::crosses fingers::: Meanwhile, I bummed some gold wire off of my friend, Jenz, to wrap another ammolite. Doug sent me a lot of faceted stones to set in some of the pieces after he saw what I did with the Electric Phoenix piece. I was digging through his little treasure trove trying to match a fit to some snap tites I had... hoping to get one to fit a peridot. Alas, all I could match a fit to was this amethyst marquis. When I put them together, I was not at all sure I liked the color combination... I mean, I love green and purple together, I think they are dynamic colors. And I even like fiery oranges together with purple.. but I just wasn't sure about all of them together. But I have to say the more I look at it, the more I adore the unexpectedness of it. I love working with these stones... they totally inspire me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home