Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

FSOJ week 19: Embellished Egyptian Coil







For week 19 I put together this lovely embellished egyptian coil bracelet for the Four Seasons of Jewelry project. Not on theme again, but I seldom follow the optional themes anyway as my muse has a will of her own. :) The egyptian coil technique is as ancient as it sounds, coming to us from the artifacts of ancient Egypt. The identity of the original artist is lost in time, but I often imagine how flattered they would be to know that they created a timeless technique. This bracelet was embellished with bali silver and tanzanite and peridot swarovski bicone crystals to give it a punch of color. The floral clasp combined with the bright colors sets the mood for spring... my favorite time of year. I think I should have oxidized it before I put the crystals on as I am concerned about getting in close enough to buff the bali spacers. I will post a pic of the oxidized bracelet when I get it done.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

This is just beautiful! I actually like it without the oxidation although I'm curious to see what it looks like after too. In any case, it's fabulous!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Delia Stone said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. :) I appreciate it. I haven't oxidized it yet as I've been thinking about how much I also like it the way it is, and what if I didn't like it so much after I oxidized it? Indecision is such a terrible thing. LOL Thanks again. :D

12:53 PM  
Blogger Marie Cristine said...

It's awesome! I'm glad it's you and not me that needs to decide to oxidize or not! I think it will be beautiful either way.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Delia Stone said...

Thanks for the comment, Christine. I actually never got the chance to oxidize it as it got a new home rather quickly. LOL That's not a complaint, though. :)
~Delia

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home