Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Year of Jewelry, week 17: Fish Net



Trying to be on theme, really on theme, for once. Lately I've decided to explore more weaving/basketry techniques after being inspired by the Pink Lady and Blue Beauty pendants. I bought the book "Fabulous Woven Jewelry" to research some additional weaving techniques (I will edit this post later to include the authors name).This was a quick attempt, somewhat botched, but the general idea comes through well enough. I wish the picture showed it off a little better ... it does look better in person. In case it doesn't come through really well, it's a fish in a net. :) I made some mistakes along the way, but that's okay, I learned from them and that was the point of this experiment. More to add later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home