Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Mirror Mirror on the Wall ...

Who's the fairest of them all? This pendant makes me think of the magic mirror in Disney's Sleeping Beauty - thanks to Christine from the Art Jewelry forum. She pointed out that it seems reminiscent of the Magic Mirror - and as soon as she said I could see it without a doubt. The shape, the scrolls ... it's totally there!









This is a simple tumbled Amethyst transformed into somthing beautiful. I wanted to take a more symetrical approach and make another pendant like the Golden Swirls pendant in a mirror image - so that the right side matched the left side. The Golden Swirls pendant with the botswana agate stone demanded something more organic to match the freeform shape of it. I chose this tumbled amethyst specifically because of it's shape.

It was a bit of a pain trying to manipulate the coils just so. Of course they aren't EXACTLY the same on both sides, but that only shows that the piece is handcrafted by a real person, so I'm okay with that. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Maz Simpson said...

Magical... even better when I enlarged the pic, I noticed the top peridot bead has a lovely herringbone wrap too! Gorgeous detailing.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Delia Stone said...

Thank you again. :) I really love the way this wrap transformed such a simple tumbled stone.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home