Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Friday, June 01, 2007

More for Azalea Arabians and the Egyptian Event Art Auction

Well, as I have already mentioned in my previous blog I was working on some comissions for Azalea Arabians. I wanted to create a pendant with a horse motif for them. This is what I've come up with so far... it's still a work in progress and there's much I'd like to change, though I am not sure how many changes I will be able to make in the short time I have left. Here's what I have thus far ...



Not bad ... but the changes I would like to see are 1) make the ear not look so much like a horn. I'm going for horse, not unicorn. 2) give him a stronger jaw line while keeping the muzzle slim as is characteristic of the Arabian horse and 3) give him a mane that gives the impression of movement ... flowing mane.

Now I am not sure how much I will be able to change this since I have very little time over the next two days to work with it before it's off to the art auction, but even if I am not able to implement all of these changes in this pendant, I will make another one and make the changes then. I can see the potential here, even if my first one was not the best one. :)

I will update after I've made a few changes to my horsey, so keep an eye out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home