Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Coral Reef Treasure






More experimentation with the needle lace technique applied to wire. This seemed the natural next step ... a netted bezel. This is the most incredible specimen of fossilized coral I've ever seen. The stone itself is just stunning. I knew it deserved something special. I captured it in a netted bezel and added a sandy brown swarovski crystal element for sparkle.

I really enjoyed making this pendant ... and then staring at it for hours on end afterwards. I considered keeping it for myself, but I was a good girl and decided to list it on my etsy site and give it a chance to sell first. It sold at lightening speed ... I miss it so. :) It followed my Tale of a Seahorse necklace to New Zealand. That's okay. I am sure Annette will take good care of my babies. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home