Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Mosaic Equine / Horse Pendant



This is my second mosaic horse bust pendant, inspired by Azalea Egyptian Arabians, breeders of Egyptian Arabian horses. I formed the frame from 20 gauge sterling silver wire and then used endless feet of hair thin sterling wire to secure countless 2 mm to 4mm freshwater pearls and sterling beads to the frame. The eye is a faceted blue apatite roundell wrapped in a delicate herringbone weave. I coiled and formed the mane by hand as well. Props to my friend Cammy for suggesting the coiled mane. :)

I have grand plans for a mosaic neck piece for this pendant, but it might be a while before I get to it. Meanwhile I will probably just put it on a chain to give it a chance to sell at the upcoming show next weekend. If it sticks around long enough, I'll work on that neck piece. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home