Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Creativity born from Necessity



Creativity by Necessity: Toggle Clasps
I wanted to do some stringing (bracelets, necklaces, etc) and when I sat down to get started, I realized I had virtually no clasps to work with. I sat there pouting, thumbing around in my goodies hoping to be inspired to do something else ... suddenly, as I fondled a bag of scrap silver wire and abandoned projects, inspiration struck. Silly me, I could make my own toggles! And use nothing but scrap wire to do it. And so I set to work.... a series of small works incorporating these hand made toggles followed, as you will see.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria Palma said...

I'm in love with your toggles! I just learned how to wire wrap and starting to get the hang of it. You should put together a how-to for making your own toggles.. I'd definitely love to learn!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Delia Stone said...

Hi Maria :)
Thank you for the compliment. And I do plan to put together a tutorial for sale on my website soon. It will probably run about $5, I will be sure to contact you when it's available. :) They do add a very tailored look to whatever you add them too. I just love that you can incorporate matching beads into them - it makes the final product much richer to me because it's apparent that the WHOLE thing was handmade and that alone adds more value to the piece, IMHO. And did I mention the toggles are FUN to make. :) LOL Thanks again! I will let you know when the tut is out. :D

Delia

9:23 AM  
Blogger Delia Stone said...

LOL... cool! I get to be a secret underground toggle artisan. I think I like that. :::giggles::: Thank you for the comment Wheresandals. :)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home