Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida Panhandle

I have been making and designing jewelry since 1991, and it continues to be my passion to this day. Over the years, I have moved well beyond the simple stone wraps that I began with through experimenting with new techniques.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Inspiring Chat

My dear friend Karen was just over and she inspired me to undertake a couple of projects. I popped in from the hospital to pick up some things at the house, including my son whom she kept for me lastnight. Karen sat and chatted for a bit with me. She owns Beach Bride Weddings, offering beach weddings to couples along the Northwest Florida Panhandle. She suggested that I make some coin pearl chandelier earrings with watery colored compliments. As soon as she said it, I could SEE them. I can't wait to produce a pair of them to show off. She also suggested I make some scandals in beachy colors and said she would link me into her website, which is getting a lot of traffic. This could be a comfortable niche for me, bread and butter stuff to make a little money on the side and bring others to my site to learn about the other things I do as well. I don't really relish the idea of producing the same thing over and over again, but I can do it if it will keep a little income flow coming in that I can use to funnel into making the stuff I want to make. I prefer to follow my bliss ... don't we all? Anyway, I was inspired by our chat and wanted to write these thoughts down before I forgot about them. With my new baby in the hospital my mind is certainly other places and I would likely forget all about this conversation by the time I got around to being able to make them.
I have to get back up to the hospital and give Jay a break. I know he needs to get down to the cafeteria and get a bite to eat. He must be starving by now and I know he won't leave our little girls side until I am there to watch over her.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home